The REGIOSTARS Awards are a yearly competition, organised by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy. It aims at identifying good practices in regional development and highlighting innovative, EU-funded projects, which could be attractive and inspiring to other regions and project managers.
The competition is open to the EU funding projects (European Regional Development Fund, Cohesion Fund, European Social Fund, Pre-Accession Instrument or European Neighbourhood Instrument).
Beneficiaries are encouraged to submit the application in the 5 thematic categories:
- “Smart Europe: increasing the competitiveness of local businesses in a digital world”;
- “Green Europe: green and resilient communities in rural and urban areas”;
- “A fair Europe: encouraging inclusion and combating discrimination”;
- “Urban Europe: promoting environmentally friendly and sustainable circular food systems in functional urban areas”;
- “Theme of the Year: Improving environmental mobility in the regions in the European Year of Rail 2021.
The contest will be open until 9 May 2021.
All the details of the contest are published on the dedicated web page: https://regiostarsawards.eu.