The reconstruction works of three-stored building hosting the Culture and Sports Center is over and now is the home for many NGOs and SMEs that promotes tourism activities and develop training and other creative services for the citizens and tourism.
Officially opened in 2020, the center is very active and vivid nowadays.
Five activity rooms in the water sports and cultural activities center are fully equipped and open to allcomers:
- Underwater activities studio is equipped for diving, canoe and swimming
- Ebru studio with fitted furniture and supplies
- Sport studio has fitness and Pilates equipment
- Music studio with tailored furniture, equipment and instruments (digital and classic piano, oriental Turkish org, violins classic guitars, violas, wood bongo)
- Painting studio with fitted furniture and supplies.
So far, 138 trainees participated in the sports activities:
- Diving training – 2 courses were held with 12 trainees
- Swimming training – a group of 30 trainees was trained by 2 main trainers and an assistant instructor for 4 hours a day and a total of 96 hours.
- Canoeing Trainings: 2 courses held with the participation of 15 trainees. As a result of the 16 hours training, the trainees received trainings about sea skiing, first aid and supportive sports, and acquired technical and tactical knowledge to canoe in stagnant water and sea.
- Pilates – 15 trainees participated in first level classes (12 hours) and second level classes (16 hours).
- Fitness – a total of 16 hours of training was completed in 8 days by providing two hours of training per day on consecutive training days with two groups of 12 trainees.
The cultural and artistic courses include 3 months trainings for playing violin, bağlama/saz (traditional Turkish musical instrument), guitar, and piano for music classes and marbling & painting. A total of 110 students, among 12 groups, started receiving practical trainings. The trainings are carried out using the equipment purchased within the scope of the project, and the violin, baglama and guitars included in the purchased equipment are embezzled by students who do not have an instrument. Cultural trainings, which attract great attention by the people of Enez, are carefully implemented paying high attention to pandemic measures.
The investments and the activities are part of the project Joint Cultural Heritage – Source for Development of Entrepreneurship in the Black Sea Basin – TREASURE, BSB371.