Planned to store the common past of the Black Sea Cross border regions of Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece, Moldova, Romania and Ukraine, the Virtual Guide developed by the partnership of the project Green Tourism and Historical heritage – a stepping stone for the development of the Black Sea Basin is an interactive tool for locating sites and assets on the map, discovering their history and other relevant information, their energy footprint, relevant information about local stakeholders and many more.
The Virtual Guide contains at the moment:
– Visual material (pictures, 3D representations, virtual reconstructions etc) of specific buildings and monuments as well as of their context;
– Virtual reconstructions of sites and themes related to the specific museum/building contents;
– Information about the history of the region, focusing especially on cross-border communication in the past;
– Information about the buildings, their founders, their architectural style, their various functions throughout time;
– Information about the buildings’ current function (including collections, functionality and accessibility);
– Information about the current managing authority/authorities.
– Information about flora and fauna, climatic conditions, natural reserves, protected areas etc.
– General information (demographic, economic, environmental etc.) of the regions.
Several functionalities will be lately added, like:
– Information about cross-border communication and transfer (including visa/passport requirements, transfer media, immigration regulations etc.);
– Mapping of local economic agents, particularly those related to touristic infrastructure (hotels, B&B, hostels, restaurants, transportation facilitators, wine-producers, producers and distributors of local products, workshop and activities’ organizers, trekking clubs and other clubs related to outdoor activities etc.).
– Mapping of other agents active in the region (NGOs, civil society organizations);
– Calendar of major celebrations and events that could be relevant to various kinds of tourism (environmental, historic/cultural, gastronomic, wine-tourism, religious tourism etc.);
– Edu-tainment applications for enhancing knowledge on all the above in a game-like way, particularly useful for schoolchildren. The game could have the form of a treasure hunt with virtual prizes and scores as the players move on the electronic board and answer questions or accomplish tasks.
The virtual guide provides tourism and facilitating information flow in order to attract visitors, particularly those interested in cultural and alternative tourism and moving on their own or in small groups. Further, it can be used in school education in the participant countries, as it can develop into a teaching material for local and regional history and geography.
“Moldova is a country where dreams come true, a place where fairy tales turn into reality… ” Discover this small land between Ukraine and Romania HERE.
“It is not easy to describe Georgian culture with a couple of words. It is very ancient: the first settlements on this territory arose many millennia ago.” Learn more about the different aspects of Georgian culture HERE.
“Authentic, Natural and Cultural are the words that best capture the essence of Romania, a dynamic country rich in history, arts and scenic beauty.” Explore Romania’s many architectural treasures and experience its vibrant and flourishing arts scene HERE.
“Bulgaria – an explicit combination of unique nature, ancient culture, healing springs and warm sea.” Discover the Land of Roses HERE.
“Greece possesses a unique geophysical and environmental variety.” Discover Greece HERE.
The first meeting of the Joint Programming Committee – body responsible for the preparation of the Interreg NEXT (Neighbourhood External) Black Sea Basin Programme 2021-2027 – was held on the 29th of January 2020 in Brussels, Belgium. The eligible participating countries of the new Programme involves ten states from the Black Sea Basin: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Turkey and Ukraine.