Which legal entities are eligible under this programme?
In order to be eligible for a grant, applicants and partners must represent one of the following legal entities:
- national, regional or local public authority;
- body governed by public law, other than legal entities defined under paragraph a, established for the specific purpose of meeting needs in the general interest (needs not having an industrial or commercial character) and which fulfils at least one of the following conditions:
i. be financed, for the most part, by the national, regional or local authorities, or other bodies governed by public law or
ii. be subject to management supervision by those bodies or
iii. have an administrative, managerial or supervisory board, more than half of whose members are appointed by the national, regional or local authorities, or by other bodies governed by public law;
- association formed by one or several national, regional or local public authorities or one or several bodies governed by public law, as defined under paragraphs a-b or other non-profit organisation, other than legal entities defined under paragraph c;
- public undertaking operating in the water, energy and transport services sectors, undertakings over which the legal entities defined under paragraphs a-c may exercise directly or indirectly a dominant influence by virtue of their ownership of it, their financial participation therein, or the rules which govern it.
- International organisations
An indicative list with examples of potential applicants and partners is presented in section 2.1.1 Eligibility of applicants and partners of the Guidelines for Grant Applicants.